Who can Refer Me?
- Physical Therapy can be performed unrestricted with a referral from a MD, PA, CRNP, Dentist, Chiropractor.
- If you have been diagnosed with a condition in the past 90 days by one of the above providers; we can treat you. We will inform them and send them a Plan of Care within 15 days of care.
- If you have an undiagnosed injury or pain we can evaluate but cannot treat. After evaluation we will need a referral from one of the above providers so we can render treatment.
- For the purpose of wellness, for injury prevention or promotion of fitness, we do not need a referral. Our running evaluations fall into this category as long as you are not struggling with pain or injury.
- These rules are set by Section 34-24-210.1 of the State of Alabama Physical Therapy Practice Act.
- In cases where you plan to seek out-of-network reimbursement we recommend asking your insurance company if a referral is required.
If you need to ask your healthcare provider for a referral you may use our referral document below: