Last Modified: 02/22/2015
PhysioWorks, Sports and Wellness, Inc. commitment to privacy
PhysioWorks, Sports and Wellness, Inc. highly values your privacy. This is why this policy is written in plain English and is located at the bottom of the website so it will be accessible on pages which may ask for personal information. Personal Health Information (PHI) is treated equally cautiously as expected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This policy applies to both physioworkshsv.com and andrewwalkerpt.com.
The policy below explains:
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- The choices you have in altering how we collect/use your information.
Information we collect:
We collect information to provide a better service for our clients. This may be individual to ensure that everything is in order prior to you visiting us, or it may be generalized to understand if our website is functioning for you as we want it to.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us:
- By e-mail, including transmission of PHI. At this point encryption for our contact forms is not possible so we do not recommend you sent any PHI using this method. We do employ encryption over email, so this is a better medium for you to transmit PHI to us. Even though information is encrypted we will be cautious in our transmission of PHI electronically.
- By fax, online booking, and intake forms. These electronic services are provided by external vendors that are HIPAA compliant. This means that they provide the level of encryption required under the HIPAA security rule. We maintain HIPAA Business Associate Agreements (BAA) with them, which means that both parties maintain appropriate safeguards of your PHI.
- By user-clickable social media share buttons (Facebook, Google+, Linked In and Twitter).
- Information we get from use of our website:
- We use Google analytics which uses various methods including cookies to track data to and from our website. Information that may be collected includes location, browser, and length of time on site or specific pages.
How we use information we collect:
- We use the information we collect and you provide us listed above to provide a better and more accurate user experience both on our website and in our clinic.
- When you provide us, with information we store it and access it on encrypted devices. Cloud storage of our data is also encrypted and backed-up using HIPAA compliant storage. We maintain BAA with these vendors.
- No information is sold to any third party. No PHI is provided to others except where instructed by yourself or responsible parties or where required or allowed by law.
- Social media share buttons may publicize the fact that you use or endorse our business. If you do not wish this to occur, we expect and respect that you will make appropriate changes to privacy settings of these services limiting publicity.
- If you sign up for our our updates/newsletter we may use email and/or physical address for marketing or market research. There is an option to opt out at the bottom of the email.
Transparency and Choice:
We understand that our clients have various privacy concerns. Below are choices you can make in using our services:
- Intake forms can be done on paper and brought to the clinic on the first appointment. They can be done at the first appointment in the clinic in person; we will provide the forms.
- Contacting the clinic regarding any item, including scheduling, can be done via phone call rather than using electronic means.
- At your first appointment, we ask you to review and accept methods and use of communication, including appointment reminders. You may change these preferences at any time.
- You will have the opportunity via the website to opt in to email marketing of our services in the format of newsletter or market research. You will also have an option to opt out at the bottom of the email or by calling us. Doing this will only opt out of these services.
- Under HIPAA you have the option to request digital copy of your records. We provide this for a reasonable and nominal fee which is described in our “Notice of Privacy Practices” document which you will sign at your first appointment.
- Below our Notice of Privacy Practices tells you about our legal duties and privacy practices concerning PHI.